There are numerous payment processing solutions that will enable you to take customer credit card payments on line with Absolute shopping cart web site.
If you are in any way confused about what method of payment collection may be best suited to you, or if you would just simply like a chat to get a better understanding about the process, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us on 01226 247576. We are always happy to help.
All credit card companies charge fees for these services. The below is a guide only, please see your merchant account provider for current fees & terms etc.
The methods for taking payments online may differ slightly depending on which company you choose to handle the payments, but it usually goes something like this.
1. A customer visits your website, adds items to the shopping basket, then proceeds to the checkout to buy the items.
2. The customer enters their contact and delivery details on your website.
3. The customer clicks a button to place the order and is then automatically transferred to a secure payment page so that they can enter credit card details.
4. Once the customer has supplied the payment details they are redirected to your the confirmation page.
Here they can print out a copy of the order details, previous order history and payment confirmation.
5. When the order process is completed, along with the customer, you will receive an automated order confirmation email. Depending on the payment gatway you are using, the money will be automatically transferred to your bank account or you will login to your account at the credit card processing company's web site and transfer the money directly to your bank own bank account from there.
6. To process the order, simply visit the order admin section of your Absolute Shopping Cart ecommerce web site where you will be able to access all the relevant details and print out a delivery / packing note etc.
Any reputable business can set up a Paypal account to process credit card payments. Paypal does not charge any set up fees and this makes it a popular option for business startups or existing businesses starting to sell online.
Read more about using Paypal to take payments online
CardSave is very simple to use, customisable gateway. Based in the UK they have become extremely popular in due to their competitive pricing. Absolute Shopping Cart store owners can benefit from their great rates by signing up through our site.
Read more about using CardSave to take payments online
Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) offer all type of payment interfaces and provides customisable payment solutions for eCommerce retailers. Good rates and free set up make Skrill a popular choice of gateway.
Read more about using Skrill (Moneybookers) to take payments online
Google Wallet (formerly Google checkout) is a fast, secure checkout process that helps increase sales by bringing you more customers and allowing them to buy from you quickly and easily with a single login. Read more about using Google Wallet to take payments online
WorldPay is the UK's largest card processor. This is a merchant account that has been created especially for ecommerce web sites & internet traders. Like PayPal, you do not collect or process the credit card details through your own terminal. Instead all the payments are handled through the World Pay server. Read more about using WorldPay to take payments online
Sagepay (formerly Protx) are an online payment processing provider, that allows you to take a wide range of online payments to suit your requirements. Their services are specifically designed to enable the secure, real-time processing of online credit and debit card transactions. Read more about using SagePay (Protx) to take payments online
If you are a Barclaycard customer you may wish to integrate Barclay's ePDQ. This payment gateway allows you to receive online payment transactions through their secure server.
Read more about using Barclaycard to take payments online
If you are a HSBC customer you may wish to integrate HSBC Secure ePayments system. This payment gateway allows you to receive online payment transactions through their secure server. Read more about using HSBC to take payments online